View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:06 PM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Blackcat: I know that you're aware that I'm in the same state too, so I was curious about this (although my business is in-home).
I looked up the statute and that's a pretty broad definition. Technically, "Parents of enrolled children may visit the center any time during the hours of operation" can mean stepping foot into the front door. Not necessarily walking through the front door, down the hallway and into a classroom.
There is no elaboration on to what "visit" means or defines.
Have you personally discussed this statute with licensing?
They are notorious for gray areas, so I'm curious as to how open to interpretation it is.
Yes, it's been elaborated on several times in trainings Ive attended and "visit" as defined by DHS means visit; hang out, inspect, stay, look around etc.

ALL of which influence my decision to not license as a center.
Family child care providers are not required to do any more than answer the door and hand the child over.

I agree other than white 9 months of the year our state is pretty gray.

Its annoying to say the least so because I cannot handle vague or blurry rules, I constantly ask for eloborations and explanations mostly because I never want to give out false or mis-informed info when it comes to regulations.

It could mean the difference between a verbal warning or licensing revocation; depending on your area....kwim?