Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Msdunny 07:38 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Poor baby

But good for you! Imagine if you allowed her to come and then she ended up in the hospital. It probably would've been blamed on you and the daycare.

I had a dcg on oxygen for almost 2 weeks last year because of RSV. When she could come back, dcm let me know that dcg could not get sick again right away due to her immune system being compromised. As if it was my job to make sure that dcg didn't get sick I told dcm that it was out of my control, so it was at her own discretion.

Looking back, I wish I would've told her that dcg couldn't return until she was 100%. If she would have gotten sick again, I know I would've been blamed. Just a heads up for when your dck comes back!
Thanks for the heads up. The problem with this family if the parents aren't always truthful about how sick their kids really are. So she would most likely bring her even if she is still sick. I will have to be extra diligent. I am typing up a letter for mom, outlining a stricter illness policy and possible termination for deception. I don't really know what else to do.