View Single Post
Jdy2222 08:19 PM 02-04-2018
I have a little one like this, younger though. He sleeps a lot here, but not at home. Most mornings he comes in ready for a nap and it's a fight to keep him up until naptime. Never, ever does he cry at naptime or wake and need attention and he'll sleep up to 3 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon if I let him. But at home ... parents sleep in the same room as him and wake at his every request, so he's up a lot at night (sometimes hourly) and not getting a good nights sleep.

I have suggested that he is old enough to sleep through the night (he's 10 months) and suggested that he doesn't need them to replace his pacifier throughout the night but they are opting to do it their way, which means tired baby.

I am concerned that he sleeps so much here, I'm sure it's not helping his night sleep, but if they'd train themselves and him to get him to sleep at night he'd not be sleeping so much with me. So ... I care, but I know he needs the sleep and he's super grumpy without it so I don't encourage him to sleep and we aren't quiet to accommodate but I don't deliberately wake him either.