View Single Post
Unregistered 11:08 AM 04-30-2011
I have recently decided to change my policies around quite a bit, because it was missing a lot, and coming back to bite me. SO, one thing was allowing part time kids to come as few as 1 day a week (which at the moment I don't have any only coming 1 day/week). That takes a full time spot. So instead of $100/week, I would get $25 (which is actually $25 better than nothing, since enrollment is so awfully low right now). So, my new policy will state that there is a 3 day minimum. Only thing is, one child comes only two days week. Again it was better than nothing when I took her on, and I love the child to pieces. But what do I do about the new policy and the 3 day minimum? I'm willing to work with the parents and allow her to only come 2 days a week, but is it legal to allow it when any new ones would be told that I only do 3 day/week mimimum? And now here's the real problem: The day before I was going to hand out the new policies, 2 day/wk mom tells me that she'll be doing only 1 day/week soon. I'm afraid the family will just pull her out completely, and after all, $25 is better than none at this point. I absolutely cannot afford to lose any more children. But another part of me tells me that there's a good chance that they would still bring her two days week if I stick to the policy and she knows I'm already bending the rules for her. So should I give her the new policy, but explain I'll make an addendum just for her to only bring child one day a week, or is that even legal? Or do I stick to the 3 day a week policy and let her choose what to do, risking losing them? It's not like I have other children waiting to take her spot. wwyd?