View Single Post
Unregistered 05:57 AM 04-13-2010
I have a similar little boy, he will be 3 in June! I have accepted a few babies and have been really pushing the indepence around here! He is using the potty which is great, but he can not pull down his pants/underwear or pull them up! WHAT, REALLY!?!? I haven't had this problem before! His dad works out of the country about 3 months at a time and then home for a month, Grandma and mom absolutely baby him and then he has a 14 year old sister, he is definately spoiled and treated like a baby! I just don't know how to help him! I also feel that he cannot stay on task, or follow simple directions! I constantly find myself saying, _______ look at Me, what are we doing? We are pulling your pants up can you help me! He is off talking about tractors and doesn't listen or really have a clue, and just expects me to do it for him! This happens to often and I worry about him! I have younger kids around 2 that can follow simple directions and have passed him up! I have even my two year olds bring me their coats and shoes to go outside, they help me get them on if they cannot do it on their own and when we come in they unzip and hang their coats up, I will untie their shoes but they need to take them off and put them away!! He is completely oblivious and it takes me 10 mins longer going in and out trying to get him to do SOMETHING, he doesn't even push his arms into his coat sleeves, he is like a noodle and he is going to be 3!! I feel like I am dealing with an oversized 6 month old alot of the time! I feel your pain and would like some advice as well! : (