Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Well, today I asked the families if they could start paying 50% of the daily rate on holidays so I could start receiving a little bit of holiday pay. I do not currently charge them for call offs and holidays. Its been 2 years and I felt it was time to implement some changes. Anyway, 2 of 3 families are completely fine with it and believe its more than fair. However, the Mom of the 3 year old and 4 month old I care for 5 days a week basically told me No. She said I sometimes seemed overwhelmed or tired at the end of the day. She said she doesnt feel that her children are getting the attention they would receive at a facility. First of all, I give them tons of individual attention. Second, she made me feel as if I'm begging for scraps. I need the income but, I truly believe she doesnt appreciate anything I do.

Let me guess....she also uses the most daycare hours/days than the other families?

I'd do Ac114 said and don't ask. Change your policy to state you charge on your off days and let the cards fall where they may. If DCM feels her kids would get better attention at a facility, let her go find out. You can replace her but you can not replace your mental and emotional well being.

The best way to survive this business is to ALWAYS do what YOU need to do in order to be happy. If you are not happy, it's a horrible job to have.

Take care of YOU first and foremost.