Thread: Xmas Presents
View Single Post
Former Teacher 07:01 PM 12-12-2009
hmmm how did we get from Christmas presents to lunches I don't know!

Anyway about lunches: I think I said in a earlier post about how on field trips parents would never bring their child a sack lunch. The director didn't want the children to go hungry so she would make a lunch...well one thing led to another and on 1 trip more than half didnt bring a lunch. They figured hey since the dc was already providing the lunch, they didnt need to bring it. Sad to say but the child(ren) were made to suffer because of stupidity of the parents. Needless to say, it stopped after that trip.

About Christmas gifts: Again its a shame the child is made to suffer. I use to ALWAYS give my kids something. And not no toy from the dollar store either. Never once did I get a thank you. Oh sure, over the years the special parents would give me a small trinket or something. But it would have been nice to maybe at least HEAR a real thank you. One year out of a class of 20, I got maybe 3 gifts tops. Again no thank yous. That was the last year I gave my class gifts.

Please don't get me wrong. I am NOT at all selfish or greedy. I just wanted to be appreciated, that's all. And I know that Christmas is not all about gifts. I am sure I sound like a bad person but again it goes back to I just wanted to be appreciated. It seems that the only time we appreciate the things and people in our lives is around the holiday season.