View Single Post
Just Saying 12:01 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
wow! I missed 2 pages worth of responses since yesterday afternoon!

Anyways, I will try keep this short.

I agree this situation is not the most pleasant, but I still stand firm that the parents haven't done anything wrong. The kid spilled the beans, but kids are kids.

IF you were employed in an office somewhere, and were pursuing other avenues, would you go to your boss and say "i'm looking for another job" and leave it at that? No you'd probably wait until you secured that other job first, and then hand in your 2 weeks notice when the time comes.

It sucks, and it hurts I don't disagree one bit on that. BUT I don't think they set the kid up to tell the provider, and I don't think they've done wrong. I don't think they are disrespecting. HOWEVER once the op let them know she knew, that's where the situation changed and became a matter of respect.
When I decided to open my daycare, I told my boss that I would be leaving. I told him that I was going to stay till I got my first child. He was happy for me....he said he was sad he was loosing his best worker and he even told me to use some of my vacation days to work on my daycare rooms or he would pay me out for all them. So YES I was HONEST with my boss. And the day I enrolled my first 2 children (Thursday & they started on a Monday) I went in on Friday and said this is my last day and my boss was SO happy for me.

There are still people like myself that have MORALS and I believe in honesty! Smiles!