View Single Post
TwinKristi 12:39 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I dont even interview people needing care 6 months from now....waste of time. If you know that people wont want to pay what you are asking to hold the spot and that you wont hold it for free, why interview at all? Are you not getting interest from clients that need care more immediate? And so much can change in 6 months....namely the mom deciding to stay home. what then? do they get any deposit back?

I have had people email me about babies that are not even conceived yet LOL I dont interview with pregnant moms unless they are about to pop and have a short maternity leave, ha ha
This exactly. I had someone I know PM me recently on FB and ask about her baby who's due in June-July and she's going back in Oct. I told her to touch bases with me when the baby's born and she can come by and see things, and we'll go from there. I have someone turning 2 in Aug and in Oct so it would work out but I would never hold a spot that long unless someone wanted to pay at least a 50% rate non-refundable and that would be a fortune as it's about $50/day here too.

P.S.- sadly a DCM who I was going to work with lost her baby during delivery. It was very traumatic and I can't imagine the heartache of discussing a deposit return and such. She had another baby a year later and I watched her but after 2wks she decided to quit and be a SAHM!