View Single Post
DBug 07:08 PM 01-24-2010
Where I live, we also have rules about bus drivers not allowing kinergartners off of the bus unless a parent is waiting out at the stop. But I've seen several instances where drivers have completely disregarded that rule. Teachers get busy too, and notes are easy to lose. Personally, I suggest changing your policy to only allow consistent bus schedules. You can't depend on the school staff or the bus drivers to make sure kids are going to the right place (and in this case they've proven that).

I have a set of school-age siblings (gr.1 & kindy) that come to my place after school 2 days a week. On the off days, they still take the same bus, get off at the same stop and are picked up there by Dad. That way everything stays the same everyday. If I had the OP's situation, I would require that the school-agers get off at my stop everyday. Mom or Dad could pick them up from my place at their convenience. I don't know if I'd charge extra, but I'd definitely make the change.

The possibility of a child being left locked out of an empty house is such a dangerous one, and it's not fair to the child to leave it up to a string of adults who don't have the time or attention to make sure it doesn't happen.