Thread: Slow Children
View Single Post
misol 10:50 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by [email protected]:
I wont offer my opinion about the mom smacking because I have done the same things to my own kids. not alot but I have spanked on occasion, and popped their mouth if something ugly came out that they knew was unacceptable. There is a way to discipline, and I think most parents these days are more worried about wether they are going to be seen as an abuser,.. or that they will harm their childs inner self by smacking their butt. My kids knew,.. there are things you will get a spanking for,....end of story. Not many but there are some things my husband and I dont stand for. I sound mean and harsh but in reality I can think of one spanking my son (18) has had,.. 2 my 16 yr old,... 4 my 11 yr old, and 2 my 8 yr old. So its not like I go around beating them. But well,.. anyway (well lookie there, I did give my opinion,... lol sorry )

as far as them getting into something while you are pottying,.... I give them an empty paper towel roll, and have them try to "get" me under the door while I go,.. I say,.. ohhh,..almost,.. wow,.. ahhh,.. keep them thinking that they can reach me and in the 20 seconds it takes to pee and yank up my pants,.. I open the door and tell them how good they did while Im washing my hands.

just an idea,... good luck. =-)

Same here! My children are still very young but they know that there are some behaviors that will result in a spanking and some words/phrases that will result in being popped in the mouth. I use spanking as a last resort but I am not against physically disciplining my own children.