View Single Post
Cat Herder 03:49 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Hmm, I wonder if things have changed a lot since I first did mine. .
So far my understanding is:

*$15 for renewal application packet.

*$100 for "processing" said packet.

*$ for 4.5 CEUs ( 1 "hour" classes= .1 CEUs and prices vary for $10-$65 per hour here unless you can attend the occasional free classes, that will count for CEUS, offered 2 hours away on weekdays. This is AFTER you have already paid for and completed 120 hours.)

* a letter from a "supervisor" stating you worked 80 hours (if you work alone you have to beg your CCR&R and wait patiently for them to respond no matter how over worked they already are)

*Letter of Recommendation from a certified reviewer...a stranger at best/competitor at worst... who comes into your home and micromanages your program. (THIS is where it gets very VERY sticky for private home providers/parents who prefer a home like environment) The pressure is harsh.

* Documented proof of membership in an association with a couple "recommended" by your reviewer.

It really gets overwhelming...$$$$ I may have missed a step or two, I have opted out of renewal.

Back to topic , sorry, I know I am the wost.

ILLEGAL daycare is wrong, wrong, wrong!!! No matter how frustrated you are with the system. The QRIS thing will wash itself out eventually, ride it out. It is not the first government program to upset small business owners, it won't be the last.

Wear your 1-2 STARS proudly like the Sneetches if you have to.... Eventually, it will all work out.