View Single Post
MyAngels 03:19 PM 08-11-2011
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I don't know if this is only offered where I live but I have been researching health insurance companies for the past two days. I found one, its through Aultcare. For my boyfriend and I its $246 a month, $500 deductible for each person, 80/20 plan. That is exactly what his insurance is now. At the hospital I am paying $180 a month with a $300 deductible, once we have a child, it goes up to $424 a month...for a hospital, thats crazy) My boyfriend is paying $50 a month where he works, so basically for us to have individual health insurance it comes out to pretty much what we are paying now. To add a child it goes up $120 a month, the deductible is 500 individual/ $1000 Family so that wont increase once we have children which is great. I am glad I found health insurance that we will be able to afford
Do research about what the conditions are for cancellation. I don't know whether the new healthcare legislation that has been passed will affect it or not, but it used to be that individual policies could be cancelled for virtually any reason, whereas group policies could not be, which is why so many people stay in jobs just for the healthcare.

Just something to think about.