View Single Post
Abigail 08:15 PM 09-09-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
We do group day care out of the home my son lives in (but I own). When people call, I explain that we have more room than a regular home day care, (1680 sq feet of the home is dedicated completely to the children)so the kids can spread out and enjoy more room....but we are smaller than a center, with a home and family feel...so the kids don't get lost in the numbers. We tell parents we have the best of both worlds. They LOVE that. Also a HUGE selling point is that siblings are not split up as they would be in a center.

Maybe emphasize the "best of both worlds" angle?
Wow, 1,680 square feet is a lot for only half the house! Ours is slightly smaller, but I'm proud of it! What's funny is I'm actually a Hannah Montana fan and her song is Best of Both Worlds. Yeah, I'm in my mid-twenties and watch the show once in awhile.

Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I don't think that most parents assume a home daycare will be actually in your living space (living room) although sometimes it is. i have a walk out basement and the main room downstairs is completely set up for daycare use. the parents know that the kids are not in my bedroom and rarely, in our family's areas or living room. i've never had a problem with parents expecting it to be that way, in fact, I think they love that the kids have a dedicated play space. i guess i am not seeing the issue that you are trying to avoid.....
We'll have two bedrooms, a laundry room (entrance), a bathroom, and living room which will all be 100% daycare. Minus us using the laundry room as well. I guess the main thing parents will not see is that we don't go upstairs to eat or cook in the kitchen because we'll remain downstairs at all times. I'm not really afraid of doing the setup like this because i've really wanted to keep work separate from my personal living space anyways. Just hope I don't interview parents who want to sit in my kitchen and livingroom to interview as they send their kids off to a basic playroom downstairs, lol, it's not gonna happen.