Thread: A No Toy Week??
View Single Post
kendallina 10:18 AM 12-03-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Ask parents for donations of certain items: empty oatmeal containers, toilet paper/paper towel tubes, orange juice/milk containers (well-rinsed), paper grocery bags, even some plastic ones (parachutes! Stuffing for a stuffed animal!), socks (puppets!), empty metal coffee cans (stilts!). Feathers, pompom puffs, googly eyes for art supplies. Plenty of glue, paint, markers, beads, string, tape (scotch, masking, painters), cotton balls.

Plastic storage boxes, small cardboard boxes, blankets, pillows, shoeboxes, big cardboard boxes, blankets, pillows,
Thanks for the suggestions--the parents have been donating some of these things since day one (I have a basement full of this stuff now...lol). I didn't think of grocery bags or oatmeal containers---great ideas!

Also, part of the point of the week is to stay away from pre-made stuff like googly eyes and colorful pom poms, which I don't have at my preschool anyways. If children want eyes, they can make them... Writing that just got me thinking about buttons...I should ask for buttons too.

Oooo...keep the ideas coming! I can't wait!