View Single Post
Febby 06:17 PM 03-29-2016
I've never seen anyone offer scholarships for their own child care clients because of the cost. I've seen a handful of college related child care scholarships, but I've heard they're pretty hard to get. If you could afford to offer scholarships for care, then that would be a really nice thing to do.

Our state child care assistance wasn't accepting new applications for a while either, but it's back on now. They do seem to adjust the maximum income levels pretty frequently, probably in relation to funding. I do know that depending on where you live, child care can still be really hard to afford if you make too much for CCAP.

Registered providers also don't get paid very much from CCAP, unless they've raised the rates since the last time I looked into it. I watch my nephews when their mom (who gets CCAP anyway) has to work outside her daycare's hours and wanted to see what state would pay me if I jumped through the right hoops. It was like $6/day. Not worth the paperwork. Certified providers and licensed center get paid more, but have to be STARS rated.