View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 07:31 AM 03-03-2012
All I am required to have is a flashlight and radio. We have a bathroom in our basement, so I wouldn't have thought of the bucket, but it's a GREAT idea. We have a pantry down there with canned and dried goods, and the basement is where I store my "sleeping" toys. A copy of the kids' emergency info is a wonderful suggestion too.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL!! We were just joking the other day that meteorology is the only field you can go into and be 100% wrong and still keep your job!

Our meteorologist predicted 8-12 inches of snow for a REALLY bad snow storm that was heading our way, no travel advised, all evening activities at schools and adult centers cancelled, etc etc etc. Storm suppose to hit at midnight.....I headed to bed fully prepared to be snowed in the next morning.

Woke up and there was not one single snow flake on the ground. . I kind of expect that they aren't perfect but my first thought was "seriously?"

So I just had to throw that out there that I RARELY believe the weather guy/gal.
Depends on where you were. We grilled Tuesday evening and were joking about "all the snow". We figured this was another case where the meteorologist mispredicted and thought it was just hype. By 11p the snow was coming down pretty good. School was cancelled Wednesday (which is NOT common for us) and we had a good 10+ inches of wet heavy snow. The roads were horrible, the wind was worse, even the wet snow was drifting. They were talking about shutting down I-35 for a while. When I was listening to a radio station from Duluth on Wednesday morning, it was about 9a and they said it had just started snowing in the last couple of hours.

When DH was finished plowing the driveway, our snow piles looked like a typical winters' worth of snow piles, but it was all from that one storm.

It snowed yesterday and is snowing again today. 48 this upcoming Tuesday and lower-mid 40s the end of the week.