View Single Post
Mad_Pistachio 08:41 AM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by Concerned Momma:
I have never met my daycare provider's brother and he isn't listed on their licensing as a caregiver. When I walked into the house the brother was in the living room watching television and the kids were alone and running around the back room. I was livid and immediately took my son home. No one was harmed and when I talked to my daycare provider the following day she insisted it was only for 60 seconds. When I brought up the concerns that I had regarding her father not being able to care for kids the way he used to and her response was to ask if I wanted to pull my son out of daycare. I was definitely surprised that this was the way she was trying to take the conversation and I'm a little upset that she's mostly nonchalant about the incident. Is it unreasonable to ask her to get more help if she's going to continue to care for other people's children? Is it time to find another childcare provider?
now, I don't know how you brought it up, as in if you were calm and collected or nervous/anxious and annoyed, and her reaction may have depended on your tone of voice. but if I guess that you were calm and collected, this "take it or leave it" is not a good approach.

probably, yes. the relationship seems to have started cracking.

and I was once locked out by my daughter when I went to get the mail (came back in through garage). it took her all of 15 seconds to lock the door. seriously, mail can wait.