View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 07:42 PM 05-17-2013
Originally Posted by Olechka:
An infant should not swim in a swimming pool. For children who are old enough to swim, provide parents consent forms. They must sign it before their child can swim. In the form, explain how the children will be supervised. Make a drowning plan and a plan on how to supervise children whose parents did not consent.
We have a 16 ft. above ground metal frame pool. My parents sign consents. We also have a very small hard plastic wading pool. I take infants swimming all the time. When we get into the big pool I always have at least two adults and an older teenage volunteer. It's always one adult to one child. ALWAYS.

We had no trouble with insurance. We have no neighbors within about three miles. It's not in a fence but the way we have it set up, the sides are 5 feet tall and the ladder stays locked up. The pump is not on the ground so it can't be climbed on either.

My state doesn't have regulations about pools but my insurance requires door alarms on all exterior doors.

I don't have a pool BECAUSE I do daycare. And I don't have a daycare because I have a pool. I think it's a wonderful physical activity and one of the best ones ever with my daughter and her psych and ADHD issues.