View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:12 PM 08-11-2015
Definetely I agree with everything that everyone has already said. Ask for the written playground policies and ask for a written plan of action that covers how they will make sure this doesn't happen again.

I was reading the part where OP mentions that the older kids are not supposed to be on the playground with the younger ones and how she has been told that the little ones came out while the older ones were lining up to go in etc. so it sounds as if that's their way of trying to make sure that the two groups are separated but that system failed. Seems to me like either the older kids need to start being lined up 5 minutes earlier or the younger ones need to be brought out 5 minutes later so that the older kids can be completely off of the playground by the time the younger ones get on it.

In either case I'd ask the director to pay for the medical expenses. In some cases like at schools and daycare centers parents sign waivers that say that the parents are responsible for medical costs if their child gets hurt BUT even if in your case you signed a form like this I would think that it doesn't apply since this was not normal play and your child was picked up by another child. Hopefully they have a written playground play policy but they might not.