View Single Post
DBug 04:17 AM 10-02-2012
Okay, so since my "hypothetical" cover is blown, I'm giving up the ruse.

I plan on asking the current provider this morning whether she's closing or not. I'm just not sure about telling her the rest yet. This dc family was one that gave me a ton of grief. If she had asked me whether she should take them when they interviewed, I would have suggested she not. I was constantly on them for diapers, payment, appropriate clothing, footwear, etc. Dcg is a sweetheart with a few rough edges, so it was never about her. There are a few posts here about my stress over the parents though. .

I would definitely not take them back. However, my standard response to anyone is "I'll let you know if I have any openings" simply so that I don't burn any bridges, kwim?

I'm close with another provider, and if it were her (and it has been in the past) I would totally tell her everything. Dcg's current provider is obviously my neighbour, but I don't know her quite as well. I think she would probably ask dcd point-blank about it though, if I tell her. Thing is, there's no reason for the dcp's to NOT assume we talk about everything. Our daughters play together, we go to the same playground, we chat every day at the bus stop ... if there was an issue with the current daycare, why would the dcd say she's closing when it would be quite obvious to me that she's not? Why not say something else like, dcg isn't adjusting well or she misses her friends or whatever?

I don't know, I think I'm having a really hard time figuring out dcp's motives and I totally feel like they're setting us all up for some huge scam or something ...