View Single Post
TaylorTots 08:58 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
1. What is a sufficient manner? Phone call, email, certified letter? 24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week? How do they know they are approved. "I was confused, I thought as long as I emailed you the night before (1130 p) it would be ok. I did not hear back so thought I was approved. Well, I am here, now. Oh, Dad will be picking up late, but not a whole 15 minutes...."

2. So the first 14 minutes are free.

I am not trying to give you a hard time, I am trying to prevent the parents from doing it.
Very helpful!

Is this better? I want it to clear up any possible misunderstanding so that everyone understands the policy. It may be my error that they didn't understand before. Or they could be abusing it - regardless - this will stop it or clear up any hesitation I have about enforcement due to me not explaining.

August 28, 2014

Dear Daycare Families,

Your contracted time of care is _______ to ________. If you require an earlier pickup or drop off, you must get APPROVAL in advance. APPROVAL means a reply from the provider stating that the earlier drop off or later pick up time is acceptable.

Sending a text message or leaving a voicemail of “we will be there early/late" etc. is not sufficient nor approval if you don’t receive a reply. If your contracted hours of care are violated in the future without advance APPROVAL, a two week termination notice will be given.

If given APPROVAL to arrive early or pickup late, there is a fee of $5 per child for every 15 minutes of extra care beyond contracted hours WHICH IS DUE at the time of early drop off or late pick up. There is a minimum charge of $5 per child for any early drop off or late pick up. For example, if you pick up 4 minutes late, you owe $5 per child at the time of pickup. If you drop off 17 minutes early, you owe $10 per child at the time of drop off. If you do not receive approval and cannot drop off or pick up your child at your contracted time, it is your responsibility to arrange an alternative drop off or pick up person. Do not assume your requests for late pickups and/or early drop offs will be approved.

Thank you,

X Daycare Provider
X's Preschool & Childcare

By signing below, I understand and agree to all stipulations above.

_______________________ ____________
Parent Name Date