View Single Post
Binkybobo 08:47 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by ladyquana:
had the same issue working outside the home.. i worked for a government agency but my position because we didnt deal with the public was looked down on.. the positions out in the "field" were held at more stature.. I was very happy about my pay and my responsibilities but it still hurt JUST A LITTLE when ppl said "oh" followed by an awkward silence.. when i told them what i did. BUT if i told them WHO I WORKED FOR.. they would be liek "REALLY, oh i have so many questions blah blah blah" .LOL but whatever.. like you said we just have to work on being okay what we do, but until then, i am good about being VERY general HAHA..
me :i have a daycare..
them "oh wow, really!! thats awesome!!, i would love to have my own business, daycare makes ALOT of money!!"
me:
A lot of money! Yeah right! That CEO spent my monthly earnings plus I am sure on a bottle of wine that was dare I say ONE YEAR OLDER THAN ME!!!! I know it's best in society for us to say that these things don't bother us on a small level, but it does. It is looked down on to say that you don't like your hair, or you don't like your body shape. I love what I do, but I am not afraid to admit that sometimes I'm reluctant to admit it. I am really not as shallow as I may sound. I'm just admitting to something that we may have all felt at some time. I appreciate your honesty!!!