View Single Post
MissAnn 03:57 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I always know its around there cause my bday is that same week. Years ago a dcm came in with a gift/flowers for me and I said "how did you know it was my bday?" and she said she didn't, it was for dc provider appreciation day & mothers day. oops!

Doubt any of my current families would know about it though.
I have almost all teachers kids. Mine of course do not know about provider appreciation day. They do know about teacher appreciation day/week. I dread this week! Last year it was the same week as mothers day. I went to a lot of effort making Mother's Day presents......even extended it to grandmothers.

Now, I'm not saying I have to be given gifts, but a card, or a picture or a verbal thank you would be great. Last year....nothing. To top it off one of my dc moms posted on Facebook the awesome teacher appreciation gifts her sons made for their teachers. They were awesome.....but only 2 of them. (She has 3 sons). Not only did I get no thank you's from any of my dc families, I also got no thank you's for the Mother's Day gifts. Yes, my feelings were hurt.

A few days later a mom did post on my FB page that she was the worst parent ever because she had forgotten teacher appreciation day. Other parents chimed in and said they were sorry. That was nice. It made things better....but I still dread the day!