View Single Post
My3cents 10:43 AM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I agree completley. I have been a child care provider for 7 years, I am 27 and have no children of my own. I have plans to start a family of my own in the next three years. I will admit that I am terrified. I see my daycare children and really wonder if I would want any of them 24/7.

I feel a little better when I am reminded (thanks to your post) that children are a direct result of their parents. I feel fully confident in the 'parenting' skills I have developed in my years of childcare, and that many of my DCK's issues are a result of the choices their parents have made.

Thankfully my boyfriend and I talk a lot about our parenting goals and are always on the same page. He and I were also raised in a very similar way and I feel great about both of our values and goals.
Having your own children is different from daycare kiddo's. It just is. You will find this out. I am trying to come up with words to explain but just can't seem to get them out.... I was going with when you have kept this baby inside of you for nine months........but also when you just love and bond with your child that is consumed by you and you by them.....completely dependent upon you......you want to all the time to be the best parent you can be, its not a job, its a love, but............... then they grow up and get sassy mouthed and ........sort of kidding. Even when they grow up and they become whatever......its a love like no other. Don't compare your daycare kiddo's to your own children- its just different. You love your daycare kiddo's but it is just different. Maybe someone else can say this in words better.

I started from scratch but some people have not started from scratch and that love is just as strong as if they did. I have done both- I know. I guess that is why I am having a hard time to word. Joy, simple joy

then again....maybe it's the zen sleep music I have going on here that is making me all mush mush...