View Single Post
mac60 04:30 AM 07-16-2009
After reading, and re-reading these post over and over, I still stand with some others here, that I could not agree to a mom coming in everyday to breastfeed. Sorry, but they are not going to sit on my patio and do it as the kids would stand on the other side of the glass and watch, what happens the first time it rains, too hot, too cold. Not going to sit in my living room or kitchen either, as there is no way for me to keep the other dc kids from hanging at the doorway, and not going to my bedroom, as that is my private space, and not going to sit in my driveway. You say sitting in the driveway is not going to disrupt, you still have to come in and get the baby, bring the baby back in, etc.

I still say there are ways to work this out, for starters pump the milk and bring it in. Then breastfeed in the mornings before coming and in the late afternoons and evenings when home. Funny the providers here are being told they are not willing to work with the mom, yet I don't see the parents willing to work with the provider either, it is kind of like my way or no way from the parents.

And the issue of the money got lost in this thread. I am not so sure that I would of given the money back either. As it was the parents choice to leave. I am sure the provider had "saved" a spot for the newborn for some time, losing money in saving the spot, and after saving this spot, the parents pulled the infant. Not only that, the provider lost the other child. I agree with the provider in not returning the money, as it was 100% the parents choice to leave, as they choose not to make this situation work, and are trying to blame it on the provider. Unfortuanately one of the things of being a working mom is compromise, which in my opinion, it doesn't sound like the mom was willing to do.