View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by adriandnls:
Hey everyone, I am starting a daycare and I am concerned about how many kids we will get when we open because as you know kids bring the revenue. We love kids and the wife will be running it but I just wanted to know in general if you have a capacity of 12 how long would it take to reach that? Please help. I'm in Memphis, TN.
Here is a link to your state's licensing requirements. https://www.daycare.com/tennessee/

How quickly you fill up to capacity depends on the need for child care in your area, the program you run and the staff or provider reputation and/or ability to "click" or fit with potential clients as well as a ton of other details such as what each interested client has for care needs. Each situation, program and need varies so greatly that it is difficult to give you a straight answer.

For me, I filled up to capacity (12 kids) within the forst 6 months I was open but I have to say that most of those families wouldn't make it into my program today as I am alot pickier and "smarter" about the clients I take on now.