View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:44 PM 05-31-2010
Wow, I guess my weekend just keeps getting better and better. This should have started as a vent but I didn't want to ruin the weekend by complaining about it. I was afraid I'd jinx my weekend. Anyway here's how it unfolded:

Thursday: DCM of two kiddos is also kinda like family. She's my daughter's aunt on my daughters' dads side of the family (not my fiance's daughter). Anyway, she gets a little snooty because I'll be closed on Monday (duh holiday). All families know that I close and she didn't arrange alternate care. Tries to guilt trip me but I don't budge. Leaves a little huffy and puffy.

FridayComes in the morning and tells me that her mom is going to watch her kids from now on and she won't be coming back next week. I'm a little upset but I just tell her that I need it in writing and remind her that she looses her deposit and ask if she's sure she doesn't want to stay for the 2 weeks. She says "No, keep the money. You'll need it" . Hunny calls me at lunch and I mention it, he says that sucks but oh well. I call my waiting list numbers and they don't need care, no more waiting list . At pick-up she gives me a simple note saying this is her last day of care. Hunny comes home and proposes (after I change a dirty diaper lol) and totally cheers me up. Tells me that he mentions that I have openings to an employee of a client with 2 kiddos. Potential clients call and we do phone interview, she sounds interested. Says she'll call back.

Saturday We have a great day at the pool and when we get back I get a call from potential fam. She asks a few more questions. Says she'll call back. ok, cool.

Sunday We have a great family day at my house (rare) and BBQ. I get a call from potential fam. She wants to meet in person Monday.

Monday Family goes to the 1st showing at the movies to watch new Shrek movie in 3D. We take up an entire row and 3 more seats and have a blast.
-1:30pm, family comes over (mom, dad, daughter 2 & son 6 months). They stay until 3pm and seem to like it. 2 year-old doesn't want to leave and baby likes me and lets me play and hold him no problem. Mom says she has to go home and discuss things with husband. Hmm .. ok. Get a little nervous.
-6pm call from potential familiy ... they want to start tomorrow! I say great!
-7pm call from daughter's aunt (had given 2 weeks notice). She says she wants to bring kiddos tomorrow and finish her two-weeks afterall. I tell her that I already filled her spot and that they start tomorrow and that if I allow her to bring her kiddos that I'll be over capicity by 2 kids so I can't do it. Demands her deposit back. In a nice way I tell her to read her contract and that I'll be e-mailing her a copy of her written two weeks notice with the last day of care as 5/28/10 . Say I'm sorry (while smiling but sounding sincere) and say bye-bye.

How I love Karma. Looks like that's the end of my involvement with my daughter's dad's family. Good riddance.