View Single Post
Unregistered 12:01 AM 12-02-2014
I don't like a big mess at breakfast so I cook breakfast food at lunch.

I came up with an easy way to make and serve French toast. Lay bread in a long baking dish-I found a more dense works best like Brownberry Oatnut bread. Beat enough eggs with milk to covert the bread. Bake till set. So much quicker and really easy to serve and kids love it.

Breakfast skillet (at lunch). Microwave or bake three/four potatoes. Cool a bit and chop into chunks. I take the peel off. Melt a little butter in a frying pan on low. Add potato chunks, sauté a few minutes, beat eggs with a bit of milk, pour over potatoes and as eggs cook turn and mix this mixture so the eggs cook. Sprinkle on cheese.

Crock pots are wonderful.

Homemade cream of tomato soup.....a box or two of vegetable broth, one block lite cream cheese, one jar spaghetti sauce ( the jarred like Prego seem much tastier than canned Hunts sauce), simmer on low till cheese melts. Serve with grilled cheese. Yum! My kids love this! You'll never go back to canned tomato soup after this!

Easy, light lunch....yogurt and or cottage cheese, cucumber slices and green pepper slices, dip, crackers and cheese, & fruit

Turkey and cheese melts. Bake up some refrigerator biscuits.When lightly browned take out of the oven-turn off oven, split open biscuits...layer on deli turkey or ham and a slice of cheese. Place back in oven still on your baking pan. Leave in till cheese melts. Watch, as bottoms burn easy, but it helps if oven is off. I now use the immaculate brand of refrigerator biscuits, as they don't have all the added junk in them.

Bubble pizza-Immaculte refrigerator biscuits, tear into chunks and lay in baking pan or dish. Pour sauce over biscuits, sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. Bake 350 I'm not sure how long. I just watch them. This is yummy!