View Single Post
permanentvacation 04:45 PM 10-26-2014
It used to bother me A LOT. But after fussing about parents like that on this forum and getting feed back, I have changed my attitude towards them. I have complained a good bit about some of my parents on this forum. Since I moved to the area I am in, I have had many of what I would consider 'bad parents' or parents who are not involved with their child at all. I complained here about them and the main responses I received were things like 'poor child, at least they have you to show them love, care, and that you are interested in them', 'glad the mother realizes they couldn't give the child what they needed at home and hired someone that can.', 'If the parent was forced to keep the child home with them even though they know they can't handle that, the child might be abused by the parent, glad the parent put the child in daycare since they realize they can't handle being with the child all day.'

So, after you guys told me things like that, I am actually glad that the parents realize they can't handle being with the child and instead of taking a chance of becoming angry and abusive with the child, they put the child in daycare. Yes, I am upset for the child that they aren't getting to spend quality, one on one time with their parents, but it most likely wouldn't be good, quality time for them. So, it probably is better that the child attend daycare - even all day long, if that's the length of time the parent feels they need to send them. It's sad for the child, but probably safer, less stressful for them and the parent, more fun, and the child probably feels more loved and wanted in the daycare than they would if the parent was forced to keep the child home all day.