View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:59 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I think the letters were her way of trying to rationalize to the parents her reasoning for calling CAS after they left care. Just because the baby lost a percentile doesn't mean he started at a healthy weight. Maybe he was already in the 20th and dropped to the 19th? Who knows? That attorney really skewed things in the parents' favor.

I think we can all agree that we'll never have the whole story, or all the facts. I just strongly hope that none of us has to face what this provider is facing.
The letters were her way of covering her own butt.

If he was at a low weight or in poor health prior to any of this, why wouldn't his Dr have reported that? The family's Dr submitted evidence that the child was in good health and had been seen regularly. Drs in Canada are also mandated reporters. If there was concern, why wouldn't he/she have reported?

The CAS worker who investigated the family said the child was in good health and actually used the word "chubby" to describe him.

I don't think the lawyer skewed things in the parent favor so much as I think the provider was her won worst enemy. From my interpretation of the transcripts, she did herself in.