View Single Post
grateday 07:13 AM 07-11-2015
I think parents sometimes assume that everyone is actually sleeping at the same time........ It takes time to transition. I start mine at 1pm. But if you have little infants and babies or other needs that might not work for your program. I have older kids seperated. I have some kids whos parents want me to do sleep on demand. So those kids are seperated too. I usually end up having to keep those ones awake until mom comes becuase they don't sleep over here. My own son is at a hard age 4 years and sometimes naps and then sometimes does not. The nappers have to stay on there mats though. The non nappers cannot be in the area and cannot step or go near the mats.

I have had parents pick up at nap times but they are trained to be quite/talk quiet and the entrance is right into the nap area. The doorbell is not connected. I have a couple times met the parents at the door. The children are used to having people popping in.

The most annoying are the after school kids that forget every day when they walk in to be quiet. I noticed younger babies who are not used to the childcare are way more sensitive to noise disturbance. Background music helps or a white noise maker helps to kind of filter the noise too.