View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 01:03 PM 04-07-2016
I have a little girl who I have cared for for almost three years. She is now at one day a week due to kindergarten. I have a good relationship with Mom. The other day she told me she liked being at my house because I listen to her and watch when she shows me things, she said her mom never pays attention as she is always in her phone. Mom's job requires a lot of phone time, especially in the state of economy our region is in. Would you say anything to mom or just talk to the little girl and reassure her mom cared but may be busy with work? I realize it isn't all likely work related. I don't want mom to feel attacked as she is already stressed about how much she works and the time it takes from her daughter but I also think it would be good for her to realize her daughter feels ignored. At drop off the other day she wanted to show us she had learned to tie her shoes and I watched the little girl as mom responded to a text. When she was done, mom said good job! And the little girl said you weren't even watching and then looked at me and shook her head. Thoughts?