View Single Post
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:44 AM 05-13-2016
If I know that I will not have kids, I have to inform my food program and I email the county at the same time. Some days it is a surprise... if I think they might be up because it is "that time of the year" I email. If I am light on kids like in the summer, I make sure I let them know.... usually a "hey XXXXX, just FYI right now my summer is light and Friday's are looking like I may only have two kidlets so we might be doing park days etc so if you decide to drop by then I might not be here. I just wanted to let you know." My inspector knows we go for walks in the mornings and if I don't answer the door.. she will usually wait around to see if I show back up. If I will not be home during a meal time I have to let the food program know. Now, I have had them show up on a day when I don't have any kidlets here and they have done a regular inspection. My childcare room is exclusively childcare. But, she didn't care about cleaner on counter etc. She did offer to come back another time. But, I really try to keep my inspector informed of what my schedule is like and when "best times" are. Like this winter Tuesday and Wednesday I had all three babies so I would send her an email saying that so she knew and could choose a different day that was easier to do. Oh and she knows not to come during naptime!!! Sacred at my house! She was here a couple of weeks ago on a Monday- I was actually being shadowed by a student that day and it worked out brilliantly!