View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:13 PM 09-07-2016
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I've read all of that but it's not really helpful. It's a misdomeanor DUI.

My only first hand experience so far with someone failing livescan is when my oldest's best friend got nabbed for shoplifting at college. She'd livescanned for my facility because she stayed with us for the summer before college. I got a notice in the mail that she was to be excluded from my facility because she had a criminal conviction...even though it was a petty theft. I was sent all of the info for her to get an exemption at that time....but she wasn't around anymore so I didn't bother. The thing is.....they can decline your exemption if they want. There isn't any clear guideline on what they'll approve and what they won't.
Ugh, the mere fact that they can deny your exemption would make me nervous.

I read the regulations too and agree they are not very clear but from the info I did read, it appeared that a DUI (that is not a felony or involving harm to someone else) is not something that would bar some one from being present in your home FCC program but if they (the state) can just make up the rules as they go along and not have a clear guideline, I can only suggest that you contact your licensing analyst and see what they say.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this...