View Single Post
spedmommy4 05:10 AM 09-13-2016
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Wanted to update you all, my son has now been through TWO daycare providers...he just won't adjust. Lots of trembling, crying, shaking. Won't eat, won't sleep. I had an interview for another, larger, daycare provider but she got wind of our situation when she asked about our previous providers and a few days later told me flat-out that she didn't think she could handle it either so we never even made it to the interview. So I have basically given up on that idea for now.

As for my daycare, I am doing part-time and drop-in only care so I can continue to make a little income. I am unable to open full time because all his appointments are now on Mondays and on Tuesday evenings at odd times. My husband is weird about hiring people to be in our home without one of us present. He simply will not have it, it's just part of how he grew up and being military minded so getting an assistant is out of the question.

We have not been able to get in-home services as they do not feel he qualifies for in-home only because they have limited resources and his case isn't serious enough to need it. Right now his major issue is a Speech Delay and the only reason he is getting services is because of this since Sensory Processing Disorder on its own does NOT count as a disability and they have since cleared him of any and all Autism (they originally suspected he was on the Spectrum).

Right now I am in the process of getting him enrolled in the military EFMP program as I only just got a paper copy of the IFSP, that in itself took more than the allotted 45 days to get to me...so that irks me. I only just starting filling out the paperwork but my sons Pediatrician, while in our network, is NOT a military provider himself and I'm pretty sure we are his ONLY military family. When I showed him the EFMP paperwork he had no idea what to fill out or how to do it so I'm back to square one on that and am looking for a military Pedi. Because of his chronic constipation we are also seeing a GE Doc. next week as he was prescribed Miralax to help out until then.

On the plus side, going to the OT has greatly improved his eating habits. He has started to allow some fruits into his diet...peaches, apples, and even ate some broccoli. He has decided that Teriyaki chicken is amazing and has had it 3 times this month (a miracle for us since he will usually only eat something new 1x a month or less). We are working on getting him to try pears and eat broccoli again. He ate some lasagna last week, onions and all which was another small miracle. He still enjoys his pasta/breads but I'm happy to see him starting to add to his diet.
The military EDIS are subject to the same federal rules that I would be working for a school district. Your child has identified needs and the right, by law, to have services in his natural environment. (Home) And they have missed the 45 day deadline?

In your shoes, I would ask the grievance procedures for EDIS. Tell them they can authorize the home services that you have through EI or pay for their own. The hoops they are asking you to jump through are rediculous.