View Single Post
MyAngels 09:06 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:

He knows America is heavily divided into possibly 5 voting groups. He, as a marketer and visible brand, appears to be morphing into what many of these groups find interesting. There is no doubt he is captivating the public, whether for the right reasons or not.
So basically he says whatever he thinks the person/group in front of him wants to hear. That makes him the quintessential politician IMO.

I think that what is missing in the majority of our politicians and in the political system itself is integrity. Everyone is in it to further their own end, and to heck with what is best for the country as a whole or the American people. A good example of that is Aaron Schock. It took him somewhere around 5 years in office at the federal level to get into hot water. No one knows (yet) exactly what he did, but he didn't resign because everything was on the up and up.
It's so disheartening to think that our system is so far gone and I fear that there's no fixing it. I don't think I'm alone in this feeling, either.