View Single Post
nannyde 03:24 PM 09-13-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
There WAS a time around 2011 that there was a group of ladies here that took over the forum. I don't know if anyone here remembers. I know Nannyde was here at the time. I use to check in once a week back then and this group (led by a member named Judy) was making this forum their fortress. I figured what was going on and explained that there were going to be rules to follow. All hell broke loose. One of the girls actually started smearing my reputation and slandering me in some of the threads.

I thought to myself, what nerve? In my own house! That is when I started to perm ban the offenders and clean house. I started coming here every day since and also put in charge those that I felt had good intentions. It has been clean sailing since. But boy, you really have to spend the time every day taking care and watching over it. I guess you get what you put into it.
Oh yes I remember it well.

The accusations against you were absolutely false. I know that for a FACT without equivocation.

I didn't realize CF was out of biz. I quit going there when they became filled with ads. They had, at the time I was reading there, the biggest daycare archives I could find. I read their entire archives before I started posting. I think it took me a couple of years.

I don't read usernames on forums or names on Facebook. I never caught onto the cliques because I only noticed posters if they were brilliant or the posts they wrote were really dumb. Anything in between, I never read the names.

I posted there some but found daycare.com archives and started reading them. I read all the forums backwards and I think this forum had posts back to 2007 or 6 when I started reading them. I didn't post here or any other forum until I read the archives. I think I joined in 10 here but had been reading for a couple of years before I posted.

Ivillage used to have a great forum. When I realized they were going all ads and tossing their archives I went thru and copied every post I wrote. That took months. I think I permanently damaged my retinas trying to get to the posts through their blinkity ads. My eyes were fried but I saved them.

Before ivillage there were other companies who bought out the daycare boards until ivillage was the last reincarnation. I started reading forums that ended up to ivillage in 1998. They were kind of like craigslist but you could post under the thread.

I think every new or prospective provider needs to read the archives. Not Facebook archives because they are too labor intensive. Read from as far back as they go until present day. It truly IS the bible to daycare. Also watch the first couple of seasons of the Dog Whisperer before the show got popular when they let him do his thing.

He will teach you pack leadership and hierarchy. He will teach you how to be calm and assertive with minimal discipline. He will teach you how to recognize stable behavior from the micro signs and how to reward. He will show progression of escalation which is so critical in keeping children safe, parents well behaved, and maintaining a calm environment.

So the archive bibles and Cesar for all newbies.

You can get Cesar on YouTube and the archives here. We owe Michael so much for keeping this piece of daycare history on the net. We owe him a lot.

And as far as banning... whoever it was that got banned from CF... well shame shame shame... I've NEVAH been banned from a site for even a day ... because I'm so gifted in writing politically correct and the most sensitive of responses.