View Single Post
Leigh 03:49 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

I met with a very nice family today. Close friends of my sister who gave them my name. I sent them both copies of my policies over 2 weeks ago.
Red flags
1) they hadn't even looked at the policies; they didn't have enough time but assumed they're all pretty standard.
2) their son is turning 2 yo in October and that's when he'd start. They've decided to hold off on giving him his MMR shots until he's 3, because she's read up on it's ties to increased chances of autism.
3) when their ds fights with others over toys, his way of responding is biting.
4) Since I wouldn't be able to take him until his birthday late Oct. they'd probably go with another dc(they have another interview this week) for the 5 weeks then switch him here.

Those were the 4 main issues that stood out for me. Other than those things, he seemed really sweet, mellow, happy, lays down for naptime really easily. Typical normal little 2 yo behavior, gets into everything, loves animals.
I am so torn on this. He's never been in care before but is very comfortable in all situations they said and doubt he'll have any issues with separation.
One thing I think may be a problem is if I ever had to call for pick up, dad would have a hard time leaving to pick him up due to the type of work he has and I'm thinking she would too.
I'll be emailing them this week, with more questions. I was really kind of upset they were too busy to even glance at my handbook. I was expecting lots of questions.

So what say you?? Bet I already know.
#1: I'm betting that at least half of parents are like this.

#2: That's a big nope at my daycare

#3: I'd NEVER take a child who I know has a biting issue

#4: I wouldn't have an issue with this if the other daycare knew what was going on. I wouldn't want to be party to doing this to someone behind their back.