View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 10:52 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
We had a muslim family. the only thing was no pork. There children (all boys) napped in the same room as little girls. Never was a issue. We did celebrate all holidays but we also asked the parent (via google translate) what holiday there religion celebrated around December. I cant remember what it was but there was one. We incorporated it into our learning too.
This! I would not stop celebrating "Christmas" or call it something else like winter or holiday. That's just one of my pet peeves. Why change the name of something you've done for years for your dc kids because now you have a muslim family in attendance. I would call it what it is "Christmas" in fairness to all of your other children but then I would learn about muslim traditions and ask the family to input what they do and implement them into your daycare if you like to show the other kids different cultures. Maybe if there is a traditional food they make, the family may make it for your daycare. Great learning experience, but I wouldn't take away anything you already have. Just my opinion.