View Single Post
Unregistered 06:21 PM 09-10-2013
We thought it might be bi polar but no doctor around here will give that diagnosis until they are much older. She has had a few problems in school but nothing like what happens at home. When she was on the ADHD medicine we had to take her to the emergency Phyc department. We were very afraid she would hurt herself. Now that she's off it she hasn't had any serious self harm problems. I have contacted them about what she does off them but they said its not enough to admit her.

Behaviors:
She is constantly humming, when ever she is eating, playing or anything else through out the day
She is a leader and a very bossy one at that. She hasn't ever physically harmed another child. It's your doing to do it my way or I'm going to scream at you and tell you, your not my friend anymore, I don't like you exc. Teasing another child to the point where the child will lash back at her. (I don't blame them!)
When she is home is can handle her through out the day for the most part. It is the pick ups that is the worst!
Drop offs are usually pretty quick. So not too bad
Pick ups: screaming/yelling at the parent, talking so loud parent can't hear how their child did. Running around throwing toys, hitting walls, kicking doors, running outside so I have to chase after her and leave the parent to watch the dck. This doesn't happen too often anymore because I have stressed to come in and lock the top lock so she can't get out.
For one long time parent she is very comfortable with so this parent sees the worst of her actions (the one that suggested she get tested). Most times my daughter and her son get along pretty well. Bring the mom and us 3 together and the madness starts. He has behavior issues as well. I don't see it just his family, I know that his behavior problems are due to the mother not being an active parent in his life.
Everytime I disapline I have to be ready for the storm. Which still happens with out disapline also.