Thread: Covid Vaccine?
View Single Post
e.j. 02:58 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Got the memo today; we are on the list with the teachers to be able to get the covid vaccine....licensing told me to get my pros and cons together and decide if I will take it. Could be up to four weeks before it gets to us?????

I asked if the vaccine would keep me from quarantining and she said she thought the cdc/state government would have to change that....so no to the getting out of quarantine as of now so??? I wonder how much longer the cdc will have the quarantines?
I could be wrong but I think it may have something to do with the fact that the vaccine is supposed to keep you from getting sick but they're not sure yet if it will keep vaccinated people from carrying or passing the virus on to other people. For that same reason, we're supposed to stick with all of the current Covid protocols. It probably won't be until more people are vaccinated and more data is collected that they determine whether or not protocols like quarantining are still necessary. I'm looking at vaccines as a step forward toward normalcy but we won't get there right away.