View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 04:21 PM 10-22-2009
I am also pregnant and due in May 2010. I understand completely about not closing, as I don't plan to close either. I am not at all worried about my newborn getting germs from the other children. I read your post and gave it some thought, but realistically, I have a large family and everyone will come with their children/grandchildren to see our newborn. They're going to bring germs from all over Minneapolis/St Paul (we live in a very rural area). I figure my baby will be exposed to more germs from visiting friends and family then the baby will by my daycare children. Our other two children are in school and will also be bringing germs home, as school children do.

Maybe I'm a bad mother, but thinking back to when my 5yr old was an infant... I was in the National Guard. He was born on Thursday and Sunday afternoon I took him to a National Guard picnic at a park in the Portland (OR) Metro area. Germs were something that had never crossed my mind.

I guess I figure expose the germs early and the child will build it's immune system faster??