View Single Post
Brooksie 08:57 AM 05-29-2013
So I have been having trouble with my DDs (29mo) transition from her fathers house. He generally gets her Monday's around 4-4:30 and then keeps her all day Tuesday and drops her off *Sometime* Wednesday morning. Sometimes its at 8 am, sometimes (like today) its 10:30 and other days its after nap around 3-4. EVERY Wednesday is a disaster. Today she was dropped off right before lunch and then was too excited to be home to eat. She was grabbing toys, books, dress-ups, everything. I finally got her to take a few bites and then she just started losing it. Crying about everything, freaking out because I kept having to take things away from her. Finally got her changed out of the clothes that I had sent her in on Monday (gross) and by that point she was in full melt down. Kept my infant up about 30 min past his nap which wasn't horrible (usually its longer) and she lost story time. I just put her down in her bed with her bottle and walked away. There is ALWAYS a problem on the days she comes back from his house. ALWAYS. I have grown to despise Wednesday for that reason alone. Does any one have suggestions on making her transition easier for her and more pleasant for me?! HELP!!