View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Beckie:
I'm considering starting a small (4-5 kids) in-home overnight child care. I know that trust is important for parents leaving their kids in in someone else care, even more so over night. there is no licensing in my state for a small in-home daycare. So how do I earn trust.

My house consists of myself, 32 female, my husband and my one year old.

As a parent what would you look for or need to feel comfortable to leave your child over night at such a house?

would you want to interview the husband as well? Or would papers showing a background check suffice?

Thanks for any help
I think parents looking for care for overnights probably have some level of blind trust, especially if they are seeking out a child care vs a family friend, relative or nanny to provide over night care.

I would simply provide parents with a copy of your (and your DH's) background check and proof of CPR/First Aid and that's probably all you can do if there are no regulations for licensing in your state.

What state are you in?

I am sure parents will lead you as well when interviewing they'll ask you questions too and you'll be able to get a feel for the type of things parents are looking for in over night care options.