Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 05:38 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
This thread is therapeutic! You can seriously bare you soul without judgment. The best part, there is ALWAYS someone or many who have gone through your problem and offer advice.

Today’s rant.....pancake day(home made blueberry pancakes)
Boy comes early( doing mom a favor and taking him 1 hour early), he sees pancakes and says I WANT CEREAL. Mom says Miss LostMyMarbles will get you some, go sit by your friend.
I said no I won’t, it’s pancake day! You can either eat pancakes or go do a puzzle and wait for the others to get done..... and the crying fit from this 4 year old started. So what does mom do, whips out the tablet! Yes, the very some kid with the broken tablet, which was finally replaced !!!
BTW, blueberry pancakes??? I'm there.

Parents just don't get it.
While I can empathize with a parent not wanting to leave their child during a screamfest, if they could only realize what this does in the long run. Especially at 4 yo. He needs to get it...now, because the fits will only last longer and get more demanding as he grows.

I wish *I* could turn back time and redo parenting with my own children because I learned so much more as a provider, being able to distance myself from the heart strings of issues like that one.