View Single Post
Lil_Diddle 04:35 PM 04-06-2020
Good days and bad days here. All but one of my families have at least parent working from home. I encouraged those that could a 50% discount to keep their kids home. And expressed concerns for health. I have one family that has been difficult, they finally put in their notice. It’s rough financially, and it’s another spot to fill for next school year but it’s probably for the best. I’ve also had some really amazing parents that pay the 50% no questions asked and we text back and forth checking in on eachother.

With only one kid besides my own, the days move slowly. The loss of income has been stressful but still manageable as I have no real need for expendable income at the moment. I watch almost all teachers kids, this time of year is when I start advertising for next year but I haven’t started yet as the timing does not feel right. And I wouldn’t feel comfortable having meetings and interviews.

I have a middle school child, her school has done little in terms of any direction or sending work. So we’ve just been doing our own things. She’s aware of what is going on and hasn’t been complaining about not seeing friends or going places. She has also been a great help with her preschool age brother and keeping him entertained. He’ll occasionally ask about his daycare friends. But hadn’t been too concerned.

I worry about the health of my parents as my dad has cancer and my mom works at a wholesale grocery retailer that is being hit hard by the public. I worry for my husband as well. Someone in the building he works at was tested positively recently.

It’s nerve wracking on so many levels. But I pray everyday and am grateful for each morning that we all continue to wake up healthy