View Single Post
Thriftylady 06:51 PM 06-10-2016
There is plenty of daycare out there, sadly not all of it is quality care. I don't currently have a wait list, I have one spot open. That spot is open because the people who I have talked to about it, well most of them I wouldn't work with even for more money. Part of the reason that the spots don't "open up" is because when we get good families to work with, and they have more children, their children get the spots that do come open. It is often a "perk" or having a good relationship with your provider. Some providers have provided care for the same families for years and years, factoring in gaps in the children. Say the two year old has a sibling, when that two year old ages out for school the family may have another child. So the family is still enrolled in those same spots.

As far as subsidy, I can't afford to do what they want for me to take it, and they will pay less than my private pay on top of that. Not to mention that my licensing agent has refused to license home daycare's who do not meet center requirements. I am considering calling the state level about her, but that is another story. She is the reason there are next to no licensed homes in my county who take subsidy. At the end of the day, that doesn't matter I can't afford to take subsidy.