View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:02 AM 03-13-2017
In my state you can get a specialized license just for infant/toddler care. You can have up 6 kids (4 under 30 months and 2 SA kids).

There are a couple gals in my state that I know personally that do this and do it well. They are always full and have huge waitlists. They rarely have to advertise and seem to have callers looking constantly. I am sure it is due to the difficulty in finding infant/toddler care in my state.

The going rate for each space seems to be approximately $200 give or take depending on the area.

I definitely think it's worth looking into if you can set your rates to meet your financial needs.

I don't think its a huge deal when kids age out and families have to have two different care givers/environments for their kids (2+ drop off/pick ups) as it will be that way for many families when their children get into school anyways so I've never seen that issue as a drawback at all.

The only cons I can see is the fact that you do all the hard work for the first year/year and a half and then they age out.... lol!