View Single Post
MaritimeMummy 09:30 AM 08-31-2012
Constant destruction of toys and things in the living space, with no concern from the parents, warrants a terming. I term for very few things but this would be one of them. Anytime a parent is not on board with me, or doesn't take a problem with their child seriously, is not long to stay.

I had this problem back in March. Not that he was destroying everything, but that he was really just having problems adapting and I was having problems finding a way to communicate with him (he was undiagnosed in the Autistic spectrum, his mother admitted that it was likely he was Autistic but that she had no desire to get him tested). I tried numerous times to talk to her about it, but she refused to come back in the evenings to discuss it without him (saying that she drives too much in the run of a day as it is, so she just wants to be home in the evenings). I told her one day when she picked him up that he needed to show even a tiny bit of improvement in the next 2 weeks or she needed to find alternate care. She pulled him that night. She knew where it was going to go and she just didn't even care. no help or concern on her part. So sad.